Monster Knit Rally

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Rhinebeck, and a travel update

No photos today, since I'm blogging from an internet cafe in Budapest, where I just arrived yesterday. I'm so excited to be here, exploring a new/old place, and to see what I remember from my visit 15 years ago.

The Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival was incredible... they had so many interesting things that it was impossible to see and absorb them all. I got tons of roving - cotton, silk, bamboo, ingeo, merino/tencel, yak - to try out, and some lovely hand-spun, hand-dyed yarn in a muted red/pink colorway destined to become a sweater (perhaps of my own design). I will post photos in a couple of weeks when I return from my trip.

That's all I will update at the moment, since I'm off to explore!
I will post photos as soon as I am able.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home