Monster Knit Rally

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Finished Objects!

Chanukah was celebrated a bit late this year by my family, since my parents and I decided to wait until their visit to do most of our gifting, though we also exchanged a few gifts by mail. Knitted objects were gifted in person because a) we wanted to see each other's reactions, and b) it gave more time to finish the gifts.


This is my mom and I modeling the shawls we made for each other. She made me the Easy Triangular Shawl out of Lion Brand Homespun. It's oh so cozy, and her first finished knitting project in many years! I'm so proud and I will wear it a lot. The shawl I made for her is Bob & Weave from knitty, with some minor adjustments, knit in recycled silk sari yarn. The pattern is very simple, just stockinette stitch with drop stitch rows and ribbon woven through the dropped stitches. I highly recommend it. The yarn was a bit fussy to work with - thick and thin, alternately very tightly and then loosely spun, plenty of sticks and leaves in it pick out, and a little musty smelling, but overall I think it was worth it since I am extremely pleased with the final product and my mom seems to be too.


My dad showing off his new hat. He's usually more smiley, but in this shot is taking his hat modeling duties very seriously. The hat is a simple 4 x 4 ribbed hat (my own pattern) in Plymouth Encore Chunky from my LYS.

Speaking of my LYS, Unravel has now sold 4 of the 6 hats I made to sell there, and they are interested in more! I also have a couple of projects for myself in the works, more details in the next week or so, but I'll leave you with a preview of the yarn for one of them.

2 Comments:

  • Wonderful models and beautiful shawls! But, of course, I think so. I am proud also and think it's great that we both made it a shawl holiday.
    Love,
    MOMMO

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:42 PM  

  • I never had the patience to learn knitting. Those are great shawls you and your mom made! I love the color of you dad's hat, too. Keep it up.
    Love,
    Marissa/Missy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home