Monster Knit Rally

Monday, February 20, 2006

Going strong


Despite my complaint about the repetitiveness of the pattern, my olympic sweater is progressing quite nicely. I now have both a back and a front! Sleeve number one will be started tomorrow, and my goal is to complete it by the end of knitting group on Wednesday... we'll see.



This evening I also made tea eggs.

Both the eggs and the shells are so pretty. I almost didn't want to throw the shells away. The eggs are also quite tasty. These were made from a recipe in the Moosewood Restaurant Celebrates cookbook, which Mr. Cool's parents gave us for the holidays. The eggs are boiled for 5-6 minutes in plain water, then you crack the shells all over with the back of a spoon, then the eggs are boiled again for an extended period of time in black tea with some other seasonings. I will definitely be making these again - and most likely in a larger batch.

1 Comments:

  • Wow, you're doing great on your sweater! I'm having to drop out, I'm spending too much time exhausted from knitting late into the night.

    Your tea eggs are beautiful. I've never had tea eggs, do they taste like tea?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home