Monster Knit Rally

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Project update & Denise needle review

Currently I am working on an afghan (with the Lion Homespun pictured at the end of this post), which is more of a long term project, and a few hats. Two of them would have been finished yesterday during a seminar at work, but I forgot to bring my dpns (double pointed needles). I've also finished two other hats in the last couple of weeks and have been wearing one of them non-stop. I'm having lots of fun mixing some very different yarns together and knitting with two or three yarns at a time. I hope to have photos up soon.

I've been using my new Denise interchangeable needle set for most of this knitting, and I am quite pleased with it. I've heard that the interchangeable needles that screw together have a tendency to work themselves loose as you knit. These needles snap together instead (they lock into place with a quarter turn) and I only had them come apart once when I was first trying them and didn't quite snap it into place right. I got used to how they work quickly though, and it hasn't happened again. Yes, the needles are plastic, so they don't feel quite as nice on the hands as say, rosewood. But they are very pointy and easy to knit with. My new favorite trick when knitting in the round is to use a needle one size down for the needle the stitches are coming off of (since the needle that creates the guage is the needle you're knitting on to) so the stitches slide off the needle extra easily as you knit along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home