Monster Knit Rally

Friday, February 10, 2006

My first sweater and some hat photos

Hats in progress...




























Recently finished hats:
This one will be for sale.



















And this one is all mine!
















My first real sweater is from a pattern in the Fall issue of Interweave Knits. I've made one cap sleeve sweater before, but this will be my first sweater with sleeves. The yarn is so soft and wonderful to knit with - it's Baby Alpaca Brush from Plymouth Yarn Co. I wasn't going to do the Knitting Olympics, but the yarn for this sweater just came in, so I think I'll use it as an excuse to drop all my other projects and just work on this. Plus, I just found out Zhinka Dinka Doo is also from Northern AZ, so I have to join her team and put up the cute button she made. I haven't joined officially, but I will try to follow the rules and go along with the spirit of it.

1 Comments:

  • Yay! I'm glad to hear that your yarn came in, and that we in Northern Arizona are now a team of 2. That's one more than Venezuela! I like that pattern from IK, it sounds like it will be wonderful in the baby alpaca!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home