Monster Knit Rally

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Japanese Craft Books: Post 1

As I mentioned, I picked up a few craft books at a Japanese bookstore in NYC. They are all so gorgeous, and have a very different aesthetic than most American craft books. Who cares if I can't read most of the instructions? They're mostly for inspiration anyway.

I have four books to share. I've decided to share them one at a time to keep my posts manageable, and also tease you a bit.
The only English on the cover is the word Tanu (I was able to find it by searching "tanu" at yesasia.com) and the ISBN is 4-529-04306-1.
The book is divided into sections: snow, penguin, scenery, flower,
forest of autumn, and baby leaf (actually sprouts).

The instructions have plenty of photos and illustrations, so despite the lack of English text, many of the projects should be fairly easy to figure out. The book has both wet-felted and needle-felted projects, and I really like the occasional incorporation of other materials (as in the mobile pictured above).

1 Comments:

  • I really like those penguins!
    Great books.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home