Monster Knit Rally

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Excitement by mail

I just got the most lovely package in the mail yesterday from my mom!

Yes, there is delicious dark chocolate and gorgeous Manos Del Uruguay yarn in the same package. The package also included some cute mini office supplies, a mini puzzle, a lizard stamp and stamp pad, and a neat mesh zippered pouch. Thanks, mom. I'm still working on your package, but it should be on its way soon!

The question is - what do I make with the yarn? I love making hats, but I want to keep this yarn for myself, and I already have more than enough hats and scarves for myself. I am looking for a wearable few skein project that I could use a more muted and moderately priced yarn as a base and the Manos as a highlight. I've been looking at patterns for capelets, shrugs, vests, etc, but haven't found a pattern I like that would do this yarn justice. Anyone else have trouble finding suitable uses for that one skein of super-special yarn? Anyone have ideas or pattern suggestions? If I don't find something I like, I'm thinking I might try my hand at a pattern for a short-sleeved cardigan in a solid, with a band of Manos at the bottom, or something along those lines. What do you think?

1 Comments:

  • Is it proper to comment on older entries? I am still behind...but wondering if you have found a suitable project for the yarn. I think using it as trim might look good. But how many skeins would it take to make something you like that is totally made of that yarn? Maybe we can make a deal....

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home