Monster Knit Rally

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Recipe: Avo-Bean Glop

Sorry for the long delay between posts. Perhaps I'll post again today to make up for it.

Avo-Bean Glop

I call it glop since it’s not the most attractive dish, but once you taste it, you’ll forget all about the appearance. This recipe is from my mom, though I think I may have modified it a little. It is so quick and easy to make, and is an excellent snack or even a light meal.

1/2 can aduki beans (I find these at my local natural food store. If you can’t find them, you can substitute black beans)
1/3 jar salsa
1 avocado
Juice of 1/4 to 1/2 lime
Salt and pepper to taste
Garlic powder (optional)
Tortilla Chips

Cut the avocado in half. I like to mash half and chop the other half for more texture, though you could mash or chop the whole thing based on your preference. Combine the avocado with the rest of the ingredients, stir, and serve with tortilla chips. (Though I have been known to eat it by the spoonful.) I can devour an entire batch myself at times, but it is a reasonable amount for 2-3 people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home