Monster Knit Rally

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Paper craft

Since I've been avoiding my knitting, the only solution was to try out a different project I've been thinking about. So it was off to Michael's in the snow to get a cutting mat, ruler and knife, so I could try making these little paper stars. I used this tutorial, which was decent, though the folding instructions could have been a little more clear.

I strung some of the stars on quilting thread and was thinking of making a mobile, or perhaps just hanging them in a window.

I've been thinking a lot about craft projects that use materials that would otherwise be trash. I love seeing all the posts about thrifty craft projects, but when it comes down to it, buying something at a thrift store is still buying something. Usually something you don't need. So I've been trying to come up with more projects that utilize trash (or recycling). For these stars, I used some old magazines from work that were getting tossed.

A couple of other projects in this theme are:

Gum Wrapper Chain and Cigarette Wrapper Wreath and this paper garland (via The Small Object)

Paper bowls (on Craftster)

Lekkner's t-shirt scarf and pins made out of fabric scraps (site is currently being remodeled)

2 Comments:

  • great ideas! i would rather recyle too. i love the title of this blog!
    :)
    (ps, the ink i used wash just office ink pad! may wash out-:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:47 PM  

  • I've always wanted to make some of these paper stars, thanks for the link. Yours look great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home