Monster Knit Rally

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Corners of my Home

I've shared one or two corners in my apartment that I'm fond of, but haven't really shown the tinyness or the clutter. But my apartment is tiny and a bit cluttered, so I decided to show it as it is. Here is our little kitchen with nowhere near enough storage space (notice the items living on top of the fridge, there's more on top of the cabinets) and just enough counter space to prepare a meal, as long as you clear everything else off first.
This is our most recently acquired piece of furniture. When our neighbors moved out, they left it on the curb, and to Mr. Cool's dismay, I insisted we carry it up to our apartment and keep it.

The bright green color has really grown on me, and I am quite fond of it now. It's not actually a bookshelf - the neighbors clearly built it themselves and all but three of the shelves are the exact height and depth for CDs, which means they are too small for books. Based on their fondness for music, I assume the bottom shelf is sized for records, but we don't have any to test out that theory with, so Mr. Cool stores some of his tools there. The two whitish objects on the shelf above the picture frames are bones (elk? cow?) that we found on local hikes.

1 Comments:

  • HI REBECCA!

    IT'S AUNT P....YOUR MOM LINKED ME TO YOUR BLOG. IT'S REALLY COOL. I LIKE KNOWING WHAT'S GOING ON IN YOUR LIFE!

    YOUR KNITTING IS FABULOUS. I ESPECIALLY LOVE THE SWEATER THAT TIES IN THE BACK. IT LOOKS WONDERFUL ON YOU!

    YOUR APARTMENT IS GREAT, TOO...LOOKS CIZY AND COMFORTABLE.

    WE'RE DOING WELL HERE IN FLORIDA. I'VE BEEN PAINTING, AND KNITTING, TOO. MOSTLY I KNIT SHAWLS AND FELTED BAGS. MY PAINTINGS ARE A LITTLE WEIRD, BUT I ENJOY THE PROCESS.

    LOVE,
    AUNT PHYLLIS

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home