Monster Knit Rally

Monday, May 01, 2006

Knitting to Warm Mongolia/Pakistan

My LYS, Unravel, recently sponsored a "Knit to Warm Mongolia & Pakistan" event. They gave out free yarn for people to knit into hats, scarves, sweaters, etc. Then the knitted items go to The Dulaan Project/F.I.R.E, a local relief organization that does work in Mongolia and Pakistan. Here's the yarn I started with - Lopi, Lopi Lite, and Cascade Pastaza.
Here are my contributions:
These two hats are my favorites because of the color combinations:
After I brought my knitted items over to Unravel, I made some dinner - swordfish steaks and artichokes. Sorry for the bad photo, it looked so good, I was rushing to take a photo so we could dig in.
The swordfish was really easy. Since it was still partly frozen when I wanted to start cooking, I put it in the oven for 10 or 20 minutes at around 150-200 degrees to defrost. Then I just sprinkled on some salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, chopped fresh parsley, lemon juice, and olive oil. Broil for 3 to 4 minutes on one side, then turn over and broil for another 4 to 5 minutes. Take out and sprinkle with some fresh parsley, and it's done! I also steamed an artichoke that came in my CSA share this week, and it was quite a tasty addition.

2 Comments:

  • I wish I could come for dinner...looks yummy to me.
    And I like that you included your drinks -- I wonder who the beer is for?!

    Nice group of items you made for the project. I, too, especially like the yellow-multi colored hat. Just think -- what you make there in sunny Flagstaff will be worn to warm little children in another part of the world. Another kind of delicious.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:47 AM  

  • good blog...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home