Monster Knit Rally

Monday, July 17, 2006

WIP Monday

Yes, I know it's supposed to be WIP Friday, but I'm not very good at posting on specific days. So here I am on Monday.

I've started the French Market bag from knitty, but will not post a photo since I need to rip out a few rows first. Again. Since I've been getting a bit frustrated with that, I thought it would be good to have a quick and easy project going too. So I started this ribbed hat. I love the colors of this yarn, it's just so cheerful.
This isn't so much a WIP as a work that needs to be started. I pulled these chairs off the street. The backs are broken, and I suspect the seats will break too if we keep sitting on them without doing some repairs.
I've been thinking I would find some old canvas at the thrift shop and sew new seats and backs for them... but without a sewing machine, I think that would be a giant pain. Then I came across this pattern in Weekend Knitting:
Somehow I never really saw this pattern before, even though I've looked through Weekend Knitting many, many times. I guess it just didn't interest me so I ignored it. But this weekend I was skimming through it, just looking for general inspiration, and I noticed it. This chair cover is knitted with nylon twine from the hardware store, then you pour hot water over it and it shrinks to fit the chair. Such a neat idea. I think I may try it on one of the chairs above and see if it works as well as it seems it would. Has anyone tried this pattern? What did you think of it?

1 Comments:

  • Glad that you have a number of projects in the works or in the planning.
    Good luck on the chair cover project -- folks used to macrame those.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home