Monster Knit Rally

Friday, May 26, 2006

knitting project report

It has been a while since I posted, but I have been crafting, I've just been too busy to post about it.
Finally! The sweater is done, just needs to finish drying. I can't wait to wear it. It may be summer, but some evenings are still cool enough for sweater wearing.

This was a quick knit. It just needs a little seaming and then it will be a shrug (from a pattern from Unravel). I'm still ambivalent about it being a shrug (will I wear it?) but I love this yarn - it's Deco-Ribbon from Crystal Palace. It's hard to tell in this photo, but it's a pinkish red ribbon yarn with thin stripes of turquoise.

I haven't worked on this for a little while, but I'm ready to finish it up. I looked around a bit online to find the perfect pattern for a mesh string bag to hold produce for grocery shopping. This is made out of an old sweater that I no longer wore, so I unraveled it to give it a new life. Yay for recycling.

1 Comments:

  • Can't wait to see the sweater and shrug modeled. Post photos when you get a chance.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home