Monster Knit Rally

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Japanese Craft Books: Post 3

See my first two Japanese craft book posts here and here.
This book is aptly titled General merchandise made from wire by Yoshiko Morinaga. The ISBN is 4-309-28020-X.
I very much like the simplicity of the designs in this book. Some of my favorites are the hanging planters, a fruit bowl,

and this pencil cup.
The instructions include many photographs and diagrams, and I'm betting if you've ever used a pair of pliers, these projects should be fairly simple. Note to self: must get pliers and wire ASAP. Vice grips don't count.

You can look forward to my final Japanese craft book post later this week. I've saved the best for last! Actually, I love them all equally, which is why I couldn't bring myself to leave the bookstore with less than four books. Sheesh.

2 Comments:

  • So can you read Japanese or do they give you charts? I have a book that I may need your assistance with once I reveal my identity ;)

    ~SP

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:26 PM  

  • Hi, I also have this book and am trying to figure out what wire gauge to use and where to buy it...do you know?

    Thanks!

    By Blogger Ivy, at 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home