Monster Knit Rally

Friday, December 01, 2006

Thrift Thursday, um I mean Friday

I've been feeling a bit stressed about money recently, so last week I decided to treat myself by spending some money. I know that makes no sense, but sometimes that's how it works. I was pretty frugal though. I got 10 pieces of clothing for $14: three skirts,
five shirts,
and one fabulous little jacket!
That collar is real rabbit fur, which weirds me out a little. I would never buy fur new, but I'm justifying this purchase by saying it's OK because it's used. I also saw and coveted a number of cute little jackets when I was in NYC, and thought this was more in my price range at $4, than, for example, the little jacket I saw in a shop priced at $1950.

I also got a striped sheet for $3, part of which has become mini curtains for the bedroom. Not sure what else to make from it, but I do like how cheerful and bright the fabric is.
The last few days' weather has proved that winter has arrived. So I made some window snakes out of a thrifted flannel pillowcase. It's hard to tell in this photo, but the pattern is little sheep munching away among some flowers.
These cut down on the draft a little, but I'm thinking I may have to make giant ones to cover all of the windows in their entirety before winter is over. Ah, the joys of cheap apartment living.

3 Comments:

  • I loooooove the rabbit fur collar jacket. That's my color this winter! So you can sew huh? I might have to ask you to make little curtains for me once I reveal who I am. Your package is on the way :)
    ~SP

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:10 PM  

  • What a wonderful buy. I am very excited for you. News: It looks like I get kicked out of romania and will be home end of january.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 PM  

  • I do that too. It doesn't make sense, but a little shopping spree when money is tight works wonders! And you got such wonderful bargains for so little!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home